Monday, March 26, 2007

Outlander

The lists about books on the sidebar aren't complete yet. I will keep adding a few a day until I catch up. As far as Outlander goes I wanted to add it twice because it was really disappointing. So many people recommended it. There were several post praising it at the Chicklit forums. With all of this build up I was excited when I found it at my local library. I read the first two chapters and had to stop reading and check the number of pages. I was giddy with excitement. Here was a book I could love. The characters were well developed and likable. The humor was dry and subtle. Then it hit me that this was a series of books. I practically peed myself. Then somewhere around the one third of the way through this book Diana Gabaldon must have hit a writer over the head and stole this manuscript. It went down hill and landed into a pile of predictable romance novel tripe. That wasn't quite bad enough though, she then took every easy way out when it came to her characters and plot. I couldn't believe this was the same book I had started. I was in so much shock I picked up the second book in the series to see if it started out as good as the first one. It didn't. The book was returned after two chapters. I was left a jaded shell of a reader at being denied my series of well written, thick books.

No comments: