Monday, April 03, 2006

Embarrassing weekend

For the last few weeks I have been really in the mood to 'tie one on'. Some how drinking enough to really loosen up and act extremely silly is a great stress reducer. I am normally a reserved person. I act goofy, but am always in control. Actually, I am a tad bit controlling in several areas.
I had mentioned this mood to a friend of mine last week. When I saw her Sunday afternoon she said. "Well you did the the job well last night." If she only knew it got worse.
The four of us went to a bar-b-que Saturday night. It is an annual thing with calf fries and wild hog. The food is good, and everyone brings plenty to drink. As the night wore on we added Hemingway proportions of wine to Nascar levels of beer. I got loud, and flirty, told dirty jokes, laughed. Oh, was I embarrassed Sunday morning.
I talked to my sister who lives in a bigger town. She had coincidentally done about the same thing on Saturday night. She said she was planning to avoid anybody who had been out with her for a few weeks. That is the problem with a small community, I have nowhere to hide. My letting go happened with one of my son's teachers, three other school board members, the ladies who work at the store, people who go to church with me, and everybody else I see on a daily basis. I laid really low yesterday, but now life goes on.
This is all the part my friend knows about. When we got back into town at 2:00 a.m. I wasn't ready to quit. I went for a walk and found some more people still out. I finally poured myself into bed at 4:00. I did however have the presence of mind to drink plenty of water first. I survived hang over free, which I really didn't deserve.
I'm not sure if I made any enemies that night or not. Hopefully people will be understanding.

No comments: