Friday, March 24, 2006

Privacy scare

As I mentioned in my first post, I'm a bit of a privacy freak. The thought of somebody reading anything I write freezes me. I know this stems from growing up in a large family, with a mother who searched my room for any little note she could read. The more she pried the more I guarded myself. Now I have a husband with the same need to know. After years of this I am living in a cage of my own making that gets tighter every year.
The more I blog the more I like this format. For long ramblings I still use my archaic journal, but for putting thoughts into order this works much better. The problem with both types is keeping them private. My journal has been found and read. Despite new hiding places, and much screaming I'm not sure it still isn't being read. On March 6th the day I started my last post I was asked about my blog. In his defense, he thinks I must be using the internet to meet men. He wanted to know where he could go to read it and was angry/hurt when I wouldn't tell him. I told him I deleted the whole thing, and really I did plan to follow through. The problem is I don't want to. So I have just been staying away while I made a decision. I'm kidding myself by saying there was a decision,I need the little forms of expression, without them I never get to leave my cage.

No comments: