Sunday, December 25, 2005

December 25th

3:45 A.M.--Heard television in living room. How can he be up so early? Closed eyes went back to sleep

4:00 A.M.--Was woke by laughing and talking from living room. Great now they are all up. Put head under pillow tried to sleep.

4:10 A.M.--9 year old son runs in and really quietly said, "Mom, my present is the largest." Smile, send him out of room, know it is useless to try and sleep. Do it anyway.

4:15 A.M.--11 year old boy climbs across bed to say good morning, 6 year old girl turns on light. Scream send them both out of room.

4:30 A.M.--13 year old boy lays across bottom of bed with head on my leg. Sigh and keep eyes closed.

4:45 A.M.--Hear 4 year old girl skipping through house singing "I love Christmas. I love Christmas. How can I not get up now. Yell at someone to put on the tea kettle.

5:06 A.M.--Cup of tea in hand, the present opening starts.

8:00 A.M.--Turkey is in oven I am back in bed. Finally two more hours of sleep.

No comments: