Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Genetics

I am trying to get a hair appointment today. For now I just need a cut, but I know in the near future I'm going to need to start getting it colored. I usually wear my hair down and a few gray hairs are noticeable. I pulled it into a pony tail on Sunday and suddenly I had several gray hairs. My kids and sister kept trying to pull them out. The reason they don't show as much when I wear my hair down is because I am graying around the temples, a look I like on guys. Unfortunately it doesn't make me look distinguished. I don't know what the average age for gray hair is, but thirty-two just seems a tad early. That is the genetic curse we get from my dad and his family. He started getting gray hair at eighteen. My brother, who is three years older than me, has been coloring to cover up his gray for at least ten years. There are much worse problems to have so I really can't complain too much.
My mom and her family have passed on a young looking face and an extraordinary amount of facial hair. If I didn't wax every few days I would be sporting quite a mustache. Without plucking there would be a uni-brow on my forehead. I'm making myself sound quite attractive, aren't I. The amount of pain we go to for beauty has always been amazing to me. I'm not even a girly-girl, and I go through a lot.

No comments: